Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2018

The Christmas Chronicles, Now on NETFLIX



I’m certain that many people are aware of the subtle inundation of Christmas specials geared toward putting the paying public in a more Christmassy mood. The subliminal message to "shop 'til you drop" is piped in everywhere like bad elevator music.

I’d be the first one to admit that I subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the more one views Hallmark movies and Netflix specials, the more one spends on Black Friday / Cyber Monday / yatta yatta yatta.

But, I’m a sucker for a good movie. This time of year, there are numerous new specials and some old classics we watch again and again as we slowly max out our credit cards.  I seem to be batting a thousand these days, because over the long holiday weekend, I’ve seen several great movies, both new offerings and timeless classics.

Last night, I saw a wonderful movie starring Kurt Russell.  Well, the man needs no introduction, but if you insist:  Kurt Vogel Russell, an American Actor whose accomplishments include “Escape from New York”, “Overboard”, “Tombstone”, “Stargate” and many, many more.

In “The Christmas Chronicles,” Russell plays an edgy Santa Claus whose sleigh crashes in Chicago because of a couple of young, curious stowaways.  Impish Kate (Darby Camp) blackmails her brother Teddy (Judah Lewis) into helping her get proof of Santa’s existence on film.  This sets a string of events landing Santa in the slammer and the kids in all sorts of trouble.  But Santa fights every sterotype and shows once and for all that it’s always a party wherever he ends up.


This is a new movie for 2018, one that will likely become a classic.

If you have Netflix, you need to see this movie. It was a riot. I laughed my butt off. You will enjoy it, I just know. And there's a little surprise ending I’m not going to tell you about.

No comments:

Post a Comment